- Impact - The impact (environmental, monetary, educational etc), that adoption & change brings.
- Measuring Impact - How we build systems that help measure the impact and real world change.
For many organisations the key metric that they wish to measure and understand is the end value of the change in behaviour or other actions, in real world terms.
We have seen this from our recent survey of those tasked with communicating the complex.
Traditionally, attaining a real world measure of change and its value is difficult, expensive and not very accurate. For example, we can poll or survey a group and extrapolate from the sample, or we could ‘guestimate’ a level of uptake and impact to estimate a value.
The web environement can play a key role in increasing the effectiveness of this process by:
- Reaching a large sample of people at low cost.
- More rigorously establishing uptake of the information or recommendations.
- Providing mechanisms that calculate the value and impact.
- Providing mechanisms that ask visitors the actual impact.
These are bold but certainly attainable goals.