- Awareness – simply letting (the right) people know that the information or service exists and is available.
- Creating Awareness - the process and tactics we use to (efficiently and intelligently) achieving awareness.
- Niche topics are generally of low interest to the ‘general public’ but of great interest to smaller well defined groups. Almost always these groups either ARE the people we want to communicate with or at least they can reach them.
- This ‘community effect’ is amplified by the web, via emails, social networking, blogs & forums etc – this aids creating awareness.
- Technical or niche topics are far less competitive online – which means that Search Engines (and Search Engine Optimisation) are considerably easier.
- Identifying target groups to communicate with is generally easier because we usually know what they are like and where they are.
- Fundamentally engaging people on complex concepts and information is more difficult!
- Picking a single ‘hook’ or outstanding benefit can be challenging.
- Large groups of people are unlikely to be interested – so the target pool is smaller (this is really a good thing!).